Thursday, January 05, 2006

My days at Skool

I had gone to my skool and met the faculties today, it was nice , vijay and me went and saw our class room it was nice to remember evrythng we did.. life at skool was full of events , rite from laughin durin prayer session to discussing with our biology staff about prostituition we did evrythng possible. I was a part of Vidya Madir, Adyar since my 1st grade.. dunno where i did my kg.. as if it matters, anyway i really dun remember much till 8th grade but i do remember that i got a warning pass in my 7th std, .. does it matter??, even einstein failed his math exam... (I thnk i actually failed my math)... i am nt tellin tht i din accept my curriculum but i din find it interestin either...

anyway had to accept it in the end wen my dad thrashed my balls out durin my 7th hols... it was a bad time.. but i took a resolve to do well rite from my 8th grade.. i wasnt a high flier .. neither was i bad so it was gud fr then...

then came 9th it passed by without any big events except tht few affairs (puppy loves) had strted, nt for me but, fr my frends around .. well there were lotsa whispered conversations goin on, they were supposed to be secrets, thinkin bak nw it does seem childish... newayz it did pass by and there came 10th.. omg..... its a board xam year.. omg... we had to keep our nose tight... fr there were parents and teachers pressure...

i jus hated ppl who went fr tuitions , nevr beleived tht it worked , always had the beleif that it was a way of makin money, good money , anyway till then i hadnt gt my math and sanskrit right so had to grind me teeth and join in with the other idiots who went fr extra classed in d evenin... well i had to go all the way to mylapore after skool... i went to mk's extra classes ... i always wondered whether he slept.. he took classes frm 4 to 8 in the eve after his day at skool , tht was vidya mandir mylapore..... i hav always felt guilty of wastin my dad's money by sleepin dere... bt wht cn i do yaar he nevr did talk properly... he had 1 funny girlish accent... tht nevr went to my head...

I must give credit to mk anyway fr shapin my understandin of math... well board xams were over at last and 10th hols were fun.. tht was the first time my dad allowed me to get bak home after 9pm... anyway half my 10th hols he wasnt here he was i thnk in andaman islands.... gettin supplies fr them... he was workin fr the merchant navy... so tht half i was bak home after 10 la tht and had lotsa fun....

11th strted, i gt a mail durin my 10th hols .. frm my skool acceptin me bak with a computer science group..., 11th was more eventful then ever.. rite frm my first eva crush to findin abt other crushes, it was fun... lotsa smoochin were goin around..... got the best set of people in my batch. it passed by slowly and the best part of 11th was preparin for xlns 2001... whoa i was made incharge fr DumbC, tht was one of the top of line events ... so had lotsa fun... i tried lots nt to help kj (Kanchenjunga my house) ... it was an intra skool event.. 12 th were incharge fr Kalanjali (inter skool event)... and then 11th grade students had to go nd give out invi to other skools fr the kalanjali event... tht was fun.. along with 3 of my frends we went arnd to skools in mylapore , royapettah , gopalapuram, and few other places around tht area...

nw comes 12th .. it strted badly and ended badly but it was fun in d middle.... we din have a tour then... coz of the events in vidya mandir , mylapore, nilesh and radha wud knw y... subjects were bad , physics was fine (always found phy fun), chemistry was bad, it was bad evn though we had a ph.D staff handlin us... i mean i cudnt get more thn 35 outta 70 .... but it wasnt bad as the highest wud be arnd 40... anyway with xams nearin i cudn shake the ill feelin abt the subject... math was fine as we had the best math staff in our skool , and by then i did get a grasp fr the subject... infact strted likin it.... but the best was comp sci.... it was amazin... around the csci lab we were god...

had to do a proj fr phy, chem and comp sci, undoubtedly i put in most of my energy fr my comp sci project... we did classification of elements... buildin our own api's in c++... usin extensive c++ graphics... and the best and gr8est acheivement fr us then was bringin in mouse in c++ .. tht was fun... evn the staff were awed by it.. yeah phy i thnk i did... velocity of light in liquids , and chem was saponification of commercial soaps.... LOL.. used lux, hamam etc...

apart from this we strted preparin fr Kalanjali 2002 tht was amazin, we were called in our 11th hols to choose the event we were supposed to be incharge for ,vj and i put our names for DumbC and left early bfore the meetin was over but some bitch (dun wanna name her) took our names and put therz... got totally pissed we cudnt do anythin.. i was put in charge of d public address system.. it was a gud job but i wasnt interested... my work was only fr 3 days..so gt pissed.. anyway we did make arrangements fr it.. got sponsors nd all... we got more sponsors in a year thn easwari cud manage in 10 years... so we cud make fr the best PAS.. mikes, speakers etc..... and we put in super kool music ... and i also learnt hw to use the equalizer durin the events.... so my time wasnt entirely wasted.... we were actually praised fr it.....

and then board xams, tnpcee, aieee were all over had some free time but within a week our results came totally screwed... anyway got a seat in srm main... wanted to go there badly but it became deemed and so had to join easwari.. coz my dad had an ill feelin abt deemed universities... so came here..

thassit

8 Comments:

At January 06, 2006 4:34 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

dude...get used to it...u need to find fun in all places...its gotta be there somewhere...u just gotta search hard enough...:-)

 
At January 06, 2006 4:43 AM, Blogger shiv said...

i nevr said we arent havin fun.... thts nt the point of my whole post... the post is mainly to describe my skool dys.. and nt blamin anythin...

 
At January 06, 2006 6:23 AM, Blogger Harini said...

you know wat
I always wanted some kind of of a comp sci association in our coll which can host more events, prog contests etc...(intra dept types)

 
At January 06, 2006 7:07 AM, Blogger shiv said...

yeah we cud.... but gotta hav lotsa time spent fr it .. thts hard.. and yes i wanted to ask u ths do u hav the prog u did fr kratos with u na???..fr debugging

 
At January 06, 2006 7:30 AM, Blogger Radha said...

honest recap.. wil be interesting to see wat u tell aftr 4 yrs in coll..

but wat was most amusing was da sponsors deal.. v have to BEG for sponsors.. lol..

 
At January 06, 2006 9:47 PM, Blogger shiv said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At January 06, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger shiv said...

@ radha...yeah u knw wen we go and ask as a part of our skool they ll always give somethng...we wer always successful..and whateva we take with us is all very formal..nt the crap that they give in our coll...

 
At January 12, 2006 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ shiv
u can never expect reform around even in amallest scale like substituting pencils 4 pens, "coz it governs the image(bull shit!) of our dept."

hope u guys do a better job nxt year.jus side track the staff. convince the hod about ur plans.he s cool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home