Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tears...

well, i had a very long talk with my mother yesterday and during the entire conversation i had this thought in my brain that said u gotta write this as your next post ... and so here comes my next post .. well it all started with my mum wathcin some old tamil senti movie and her eyes became moist during one of those dragging scenes .. well this brought my old feeling of guilt back and in full... and i also was readin one night @ the call center and could see how easily people get tears in their eyes!!.. and these tears that i see will make me wonder whether god forgot to give me a tear gland...

There have been times when i have felt like i am the most miserable person in the world and am sure anyone else in my position would hav shed something through their eyes!!.. but nothing comes out of mine!!.. one particular incident was when my favourite cousin Varun had passed away and so many people around were crying and i felt devastated and people like my mum were making the floor wet.. but there was no contribution to the small pool from my part!!.. even though anyone in my position would have cried for hours!!..

I have always felt guilty!!.. i have always wondered whether i am some hardened guy who could never feel and even shed tears!!.. i haven't told this to anyone ...but of course they would have wondered "doesnt he ever feel!!" .. on such moments i have even thought of banging my head hard somewhere so that my eyes start watering and then kick start the process!!...

I had wanted to keeps this a secret but yesterday i couldnt, so i asked my mum!!.. she said that this might happen to some people(wow!!..am supposedly one in millions) , apparently she hadread it in a book!!, some i beleive, she said that i am not someone unfeeling and hardened am jus like any other person.. but with a level of control!!.. and she also warned me that one day would come when i would cry like no other person in this world , like a new born kid, and i would make up for everyother oppoerunity i had missed to make my eyes moist!!..

(a huge sigh)

well!!.. i wonder wen that day would come!!...

8 Comments:

At February 03, 2006 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

true..! i cry lesser than many other gals... but for some vague reason that doesnt demand tears, i end up creating a pool and callin myself a fool!

 
At February 03, 2006 6:35 AM, Blogger shiv said...

"creatin a pool callin myself a fool"..well nice rhymin phrase .. haha

 
At February 03, 2006 6:43 AM, Blogger Radha said...

hmmm. no reason for u to feel guilty for not cryin.. and wat ur mm says is rite.. one day u r gonna cry like the world'd gonna end r smthg.. better be prep..

but i guess some ppl over do cryin.. this reminds me of the time i saw kaho na pyar hai with my frens in bombay..at the end of 1st half ( wen hrithik died) my frens to the left and right of me were cryin.. their eyes were moist. and here i was not the least bit affected. ( infact i thot the whole thing was stupid and amusing.. )

but i felt kinda guilty.. so just took my hanky and dabbed my eyes.. and spoke in a broken voice to my fren so tat it seemed as if i was cryin.. lol.. can nvr frgt tat..

and i have a cousin of mine.. who also claims tat he nvr cries.. xcept jus this once.. wen he got hurt so badly tat cried outta sheer pain.. has tat happ to u ??

 
At February 03, 2006 6:53 AM, Blogger shiv said...

no radha, thts my point even if i feel the pain ... i am unable to cry!!.. and ur kaho naa pyaar hai...reminds me of my kal ho na ho experience!!.. u knw my frends had come with me to the movie fr their second time and my first...they told me tht i wud definitely cry!!... but nothin happ... not tht i din feel fr preity n all.. but cudnt jus make tears come out even fr the heck of it!!.. and also durin farewell party in my skool cudnt do it even though others went and cried like kids!!...

 
At February 03, 2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Sriram said...

hey..tat happens to a lot of people actually...and wat ur mother said is perfectly valid...one day...all those pent up feelings are gonna come out and...well...u ll cry...cry like hell...cos all those times when u felt bad but couldnt cry...
cos tears are a way of letting out ur feelings...and they generally help us in feeling better...only thing is..not all of us are capable of crying and hence making ourselves feel better...
u might be the person feeling the worst in the room...and not crying..well tat ll only make u even more miserable..just bcos u dont cry does not mean u dont care...
and u neednt worry about wat others might feel as to why u are not crying..cos people who know u..will know...

 
At February 03, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger shiv said...

i knw thts my whole point ... its all gettin bottled up until i choke!!.. :D

 
At February 03, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger shiv said...

i knw thts my whole point ... its all gettin bottled up until i choke!!.. :D

 
At February 12, 2006 12:13 AM, Blogger Maharaj Nilesh ki jai ho! said...

the day will come when u decide...
hey all guys don't cry i don't cry...m proud of it..i like not to cry..atleast not say it what i feel when i don ve to. i ain't that expressive. ur feelings are lot better than mine..u know...its strage for me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home