Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy new year !

I have never really understood the hype about new year. The need to "do" something cooler than sitting at home. The "need" to party all night and have a blast. Whats the big deal ? Its after all just another day. On a larger perspective nothing really changes except a number ! But I dont blame anyone ; people just need an excuse to party and what better excuse than "new year"!

But what I find really funny is the habit of calling everyone u know , 12 in the night and wishing them . Even I do the same ! Its something which I have become so used to that I guess I do it more out of instinct than desire. But I feel like a "phony" somehow when i'm doing this. While I'm calling people I know for a fact that my conscience is laughing and thinkin "wat crap ! happy new yr indeed". One way I justify this to myself is that its an excuse to "keep in touch" with people. But have we fallen so out of touch and so busy that we need an excuse to stay in touch with other.The answer , very sadly i guess is a big "YES". So I shall continue calling people on new yrs day and suggest you do the same ;-)

Every new yr till now I have spent only at home , watching either those "soooper hit theraipadam" they put in sun tv. Or watchin the best movies , songs , actors et al or the indian of the yr, sportsman of the yr and the billion such programs which come on tv. And then I usually curl up with some nice novel till late in the night and sms people or call them. During those days , I used to feel like such an idiot becauseI never spent a cool new yr instead always stayed at home.

And this new yrs eve am not home. I will spend it differently. I will not be watching anything on tv. Instead I will be out with friends here. I will be freaking out. I'll be spending a cool new yr ! And do i feel happy? NO!
I realise that what I want is a nice boring usual new yr at good ol' home !!

Anyway , let me sign off with my very own new yr summary of my boring life ;-)

What I shall remember the most about the year which is gonna go by

( in no particular order , just as i remember them )

--> The day prior to Martyrs day ;-) ;-)
--> The sweet ordeal that was my final year project. Had great fun doing it.
--> The last day of college where we played kabaddi in class, danced to rara , too pics withe evryone possible , went around whole of my floor in train formation !
--> Sangee's marriage
--> A shocking revelation by a very close friend ;-)
--> Coming to know that I have to join infy-mysore in a months time.
--> Saying goodbye to my dad in infy-mysore campus.
--> Training in mysore
--> Day I learnt about mangalore posting
--> Leaving mysore and frens and going to mangalore all alone !
--> 7 friends in all leaving mangalore one after another ...
--> Going to chennai after almost 2 months. It was joy unlimited !
--> The flop bangalore plan :)
--> Mangalore bandh and my great b'day !
--> How my bro became a great guitar player in less than a year all by himself !
--> The changes in myself from Jan 1st 2006 to Dec 31st 2006. :-)



Wish all of you a very very happy new year :-)

6 Comments:

At January 02, 2007 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how the hell can u recollect stuff? that too in order??!!!!

 
At January 03, 2007 4:21 AM, Blogger Harini said...

Guess how i spent my new year ? pilgrimage hopping with appa and amma and praying for a "good" year :D

day before martyr's day... hmmmmm

" A shocking revelation by a very close friend ;-) "
who is that ya ?

 
At January 10, 2007 5:17 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

RADHA RADHA RADHA...u finally updated...and our blog does not die out....[:)]...just for tat...i ll promise to post soon...
i guess 2006 has been very eventful and full of changes eh...lets see wat happens this yr...hopin for the best!!!!!

 
At January 11, 2007 6:25 AM, Blogger shiv said...

hey my thots really... even i hate new yr partys.. therz no poin in them

 
At January 17, 2007 11:49 PM, Blogger Aravindan said...

"I realise that what I want is a nice boring usual new yr at good ol' home !!"

Good one..typical chennaite speak..that sounded..

 
At April 27, 2007 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i never thought there wud be someone in this world who thinks soooooo much about a new year..i jus call some1 to wish them if i feel like n pick calls if i feel like ..as simple as that haha...but a very ineresting blog....hope this comment surprises u ...hahah tk cr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home