Monday, February 20, 2006

My First Step...

A week ago, I made a decision, a very important one…to join MBA…This is something which I have pondered over and broken my head about for a long time…Being a brilliant procrastinator…I nearly left it for too long…But now that I have decided, not only do I feel relieved…that I finally have a focus and a goal in life…I feel that I am actually trying to work towards something concrete and that finally…I know where my life might be heading at the end of these engineering days…

That got me thinking about my childhood days when my only worries used to be whether there would be games period tomorrow…or what would be for dinner(hopefully not some bloody vegetable that I detest)…I remember thinking how much better it would be to be grown up when no one could go about telling me what to do and I could finally be independent…It is now that I miss the comfort and the carefreeness of childhood when all I needed to do at the end of each day was to go sleep next to my dad who would keep patting me till I finally slept off…no worries about wat I am gonna do tomorrow(other than maybe how to copy that incomplete homework??!!) or for that matter the days after that…That is bliss I tell you…but it is also something that will never come back….sadly…

The grass is always greener on the other side, isn’t it…

Now, living with my grandparents, studying in Chennai…I miss those days when my parents would always be around to make all those important and difficult decisions for me…it is not that they are not there for me now…but now…I have to decide and they just give me their support…At a very important crossroad in my life…

For nearly 4-5 months I wondered over what I should do…cos I felt that to just let it drift like it that would achieve no objective…

If you want to go somewhere in life…then stop dragging your feet and start moving…

I had been very confused because I have been interested both by the technical side and more recently by the management side…and the attraction of getting myself a job at the end of these two years has also been a distraction and an attraction…

I went about asking plenty of people and got a variety of opinions…and ended up where I started…thoroughly confused…My parents always stood by me though, never trying to influence me one way or the other…all they asked me was for a quick decision…before it was too late…

Cos as they say…

Procrastination is a sin…I know it is wrong…I ll stop it…but tomorrow…

Finally, I have made a decision…and it feels good…the decision might have been the wrong one…but even then…now that I know where I am going…it is a huge burden off my shoulder…cos the guilt of wandering aimlessly is gone…U know…how they say that the first step is always the hardest one…very true…and now that I have taken that step…I feel a lot better…

P.S.- I know that the joint post is being held up cos of me…I ll try to complete as soon as possible…so please be patient…


7 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 5:04 AM, Blogger Radha said...

i know wat u mean. its always cool to have a focus in life. but the thing is tat u shuld not get too obsessed with tat goal. u shuld "hope for the best,prepare for the worst". keep ur options open. and be +ve. and good luck man !
am eagerly waitin for u to be among the few easwarites in the IIM's.. im sure u will achieve ur goal. :-)

 
At February 20, 2006 5:42 AM, Blogger shiv said...

hmm...so mba...what impressed with eefa class or bhargavi maam??.. lol...anyways gud tht u knw wht u r doin

 
At February 21, 2006 5:20 AM, Blogger Harini said...

I like ur opening statement ...
" I wanna join MBA ".. and not " I wanna join cat classes"
all the very best !!!
Good luck to get into the best IIM !!!!

 
At February 22, 2006 6:30 AM, Blogger Revathy said...

ya i agree with the fact tht it is a big relief once u have made your decision and decide to focus on tht and atleast when ppl ask u WHT plans after BE? u have a ready answer.As shivram said did bhargavi m'am had an influence on tht decision?Anyways i wish u all the best and hope u make it to one of the top B-schools

 
At February 22, 2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Maharaj Nilesh ki jai ho! said...

i need these kinda influences in tonnes....n tonnes....
i think i'll get into the right direction when m not heading wrong!

 
At February 22, 2006 5:21 PM, Blogger Sriram said...

thanks ppl...i just hope i dont ob addichufy too much and study...
@shiv&reva.. bhargavi..i like...but not to the extent of she forcing me into an mba...maybe if she was to study with me...then i might have considered..
@niles...so u need tonnes of influence...for starters..if u want i ll come and sit on u...i aint too light u know...

 
At March 01, 2006 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!
And deciding on your own is fun!

btw, who's this Bhargavi ma'am?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home