Monday, October 23, 2006

Down Memory Lane....

In another six months time…I ll be an engineer….4 eventful fun filled years of graduation will be completed. I guess I ll go back to Delhi once things here are over….Its something tat I have always been waiting for…something tat I always keep telling ppl…tat i want to go back home to Delhi…But when the time has nearly come…I look back at these yrs and realize…tat this city…albeit one tat I ll never be really fond of…has given me a lot of good times and great memories….I have made close friends….met different kinds of people…and most importantly…seen a part of myself tat I never knew existed…these yrs in chennai have made me more outspoken, independent and responsible. Few of those who know me here in Chennai ll believe me when I say tat I was one of the quiet guys in class….not the kind to go about and freely interact with all sorts of people…I changed…and now…people beg me to keep my mouth shut for sometime…I decided to take up and MBA…something tat I never in my wildest dreams thought tat I would do…

There are a lot of memories tat I ll take back from this city…like the times tat we had on the tour…or those rain filled exam days…where I also decided to get my self a broken hand…those hrs spent in the class chatting with friends about every topic around the sun…the teasings tat we do…the fights….the tests…even the staff…

This is something tat we were talking about in class a few days back…and something tat I really feel about…with time…we ll move on…I guess all our priorities ll change…each of us might end up in different walks of life…but one things for sure…sometime…someday..we ll definitely sit back and ponder about these times tat we spent together…

There is another thing tat I really want to do…once we finish our engineering….i want to come back…to this same place…say after five years..and meet up….maybe even sit in the same classroom…or better still…the same canteen or bikestand…and relive those moments…It ll be strange na…a nice feeling….all of us grown up…doing god knows wat….lets hope tat is materializes….

Every time I think about the end of engineering..a song comes to my mind…its called Never Gone by Backstreet Boys…Listen to it sometime…its got beautiful words…

I ll miss u ppl….keep in touch…

7 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Revathy said...

Nice one sriram!We were discussing the same thing in class that day!A very nostalgic post and the timing couldn't have been better!
I jus hope we all can meet after 5 yrs in the same campus and relive those fun college days!

 
At October 23, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Sia said...

Hey Sriram we ll miss u too..n it was very nice to read a poignant post after a long break n at the right time wen r expected to ve one more rain-filled exam..with the kind of convo we had yesterday i tot i wud post on this bt alas!..anyways i wud ve never been able to put those ideas so well across as u ve done ...kudos to u...n don worry we ll all move on..

 
At October 23, 2006 9:51 PM, Blogger shiv said...

wow sriram .. tht brought a tear in my eye!!...ya sure we ll meet up in another 5 yrs...i hope to see ur kids by then ;-)

 
At October 29, 2006 1:42 AM, Blogger Radha said...

hmmmmmm... getting nostalgic already mister ?!!
how will u be on ur farewell day ? A pool of tears i guess ;-)

this thing u said na
"I really feel about…with time…we ll move on…I guess all our priorities ll change"

as time passes by , u wil realise that its the hardest truth in life one has 2 face ! u have 2 move on no matter wat... i mean , the kind of experience i have been havin for the past few months.. never even in my wildest dreams did i imagine the same.. and the one thing i have realised is tat u have 2 let go , watevr happens and go on wit life.. u meet some pl, make frens and before u knw it.. its time 2 move on.. and thos frens jus become names in ur msger list or voices on the fone or commenters on ur blog.. pretty sad eh ?!

neway.. u have 6 more months of college life sriram.. enjoy it to the max.. don start frettin abt coll ending frm nw itself !! :)

 
At October 31, 2006 5:09 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

@reva
we ll meet...and boy...will it be fun!!!
@vid
miss u too yaar...and poignant??!!!wher d u get tat word from...u also started reading GRE eh...hmmm...
@shiv
more likely yours than mine dude...;-)

 
At October 31, 2006 5:17 AM, Blogger Sriram said...

@radha
i dont cry...
and wat u said..". and thos frens jus become names in ur msger list or voices on the fone or commenters on ur blog.. pretty sad eh ?! "
really true...and really saddening...
like u said...i better make use of the time tat is left...
@vaidehi
thanks for commenting yaar....college life comes only once in a lifetime...so enjoy it while u can...make the most of this 1.5 yrs!!!

 
At November 04, 2006 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wellll... almost every1 hs commentd on dis topic.. bt den as sriram said life moves on.. wen v r in 12th.. v thot hw wud v adjust.. hw wud v manage.. in a totally new world... wid al strangers ard.. bt da art lies in befriendin al n adjustin!!:) n it wud ve been even difficult 4 da hostelites n ofcourse ppl lk sriram.. wer u hd 2 leave ur city,ur house n come n adjust here... bt den LIFE MOVES ON!! it has 2 move on.. dats LIFE... hope al of us stay in touch.. however v r.. werever v r!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home